Office of University Events
The Office of University Events develops and implements a strategic events program that contributes to Carolina’s reputation for excellence. Office members effectively develop, manage and market events sponsored by the Chancellor and the Office of University Development. University Events also advises academic and administrative units in order to assist them in achieving their individual program goals and objectives.
University Events plays a key role in communicating with the University’s wide range of constituents, alumni and friends that gives this office important insight into the unique demands and protocol of a university environment. The office’s experience in handling high-level special events has resulted in expertise in event development and logistics.
Some of the events produced by the office include:
- Commencement and the Ph.D. hooding ceremony,
- Groundbreakings and building dedications,
- Donor events,
- Honorary degree ceremonies,
- Major gift announcements,
- Board of Trustees and Board of Visitors meetings,
- Football and basketball pre-game and half time entertainment, and
- University memorials and special guests, such as heads of state.